There are different types of automation tools in DevOps lifecycle. But we need to understand their categories and for what purpose the particular tool is used. The tools of DevOps are given below:
- Version Control System: It is used to store the source code, a central place to keep all the code and tracks its version.
- Build Tools: Build process is where we take the raw source code, test it and build it into a software. This process is automated by build tools.
- Continuous Integration Tools:
- Circle CI
- Configuration Management Tools: It is also known as automation tools, can be used to automate system related tasks like software installation, service setup, file push/pull etc. Also used to automate cloud and virtual infrastructure.
- Cloud Computing: It is not any tool but a service accessed by users through internet. A service that provides us with computer resource to create virtual servers, virtual storage, network, networks etc. There are few providers in the market who gives us public cloud computing services
- Google Cloud
- Monitoring Tools: It is used to monitor our infrastructure and application health. It sends us notification and reports through email or other means.
- Containers and Microservices: